Catima Sailing Ltd are pleased to offer sailing holidays which can be tailored to clients needs. These sailing holidays will allow you to experience the joys of sailing in the West Coast of Scotland, one of the most beautiful sailing areas in the world. ‘Catima Sailing’ is based at Largs Yacht Haven in the Firth of Clyde, Ayrshire which has excellent links by road, rail and air.
The Firth of Clyde is one of the largest sheltered waters in the British Isles and as a result has been a major centre for recreational boating for well over a century. The Clyde has eight large marinas located in a beautiful cruising area with many destinations to reach by boat, ranging from sheltered bays to busy fishing harbours.
The sailing holiday can incorporate an RYA Sail Training Course specifically tailored to individual requirements or just sit back and enjoy the experience of sailing aboard a comfortable yacht taking in the fantastic scenery. For those of you who wish to appreciate “hands on” experience of sailing a fast, comfortable yacht then you will be encouraged to do so under the expert guidance of an experienced RYA Yacht Master.
Join ‘Catima Sailing’ for a holiday where you can learn new skills yet relax and appreciate the joys of Scotland.
“Candi” our luxury Bavaria 46 which is fully MCA Coded for commercial use and inspected and approved annually by the Royal Yachting Association. The yacht has every luxury including a full electronics package, central heating to every cabin, and even a TV/DVD player. Each cabin aboard has pillows and under sheets supplied. During any 5 day period aboard the yacht you will be provided with all breakfasts/lunches/3 dinners aboard all teas/coffees, soft drinks and snacks. We provide high quality food aboard. On one of the evenings clients will have the opportunity to dine in one of the very good restaurants recommended by ‘Catima Sailing Ltd.’
Since we are based at Largs Yacht Haven, Scotland’s finest marina, this provides us with the opportunity to visit a variety of spectacular locations. Examples of some of the places we may visit are as follows.:
- The Isle of Arran known as ‘Scotland in miniature’. With mountains, beaches, and outlying islands it is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Visit Lochranza with Arran’s first legal distillery. Tour the distillery and sample Arran single malt. If you fancy sampling some of the islands other delicacies then visit the Island Cheese Company with Brodick Castle nearby.
- The Isle of Cumbrae. Just a mile offshore from Largs where the famous Waverly Paddle Steamer visits during the summer months. Hire a pedal cycle and have a leisurely cycle around the island.
- The Kyles of Bute. This area offers spectacular scenery and here ‘Catima Sailing’ has its own private mooring allowing our clients to visit this spectacular area taking in the wildlife and scenery.
- Tarbert, Loch Fyne. One of the most sheltered harbours in Scotland with its very own fishing feet landing some of Scotland’s finest seafood.
- Holy Loch with its own marina, in days gone by the location for the American submarine fleet. The Argyll scenery here is magnificent.
The above are only a small example of the many unique locations we may visit.
This year do something different. Why endure the hassle of airports, the weak exchange rates, and costly holidays. Join ‘Catima Sailing’ for a totally new experience or for those experienced sailors enjoy sailing a luxury yacht in beautiful surroundings.
We welcome enquiries world-wide so please feel
free to contact us on
+44 (0)7711 635923, Email us at email@example.com or fill out our Enquiry